These sticky-sweet cereal bites make a fun little snack. The recipe feeds a crowd, making it a great choice for parties or big family events!
- 3 cups o-shaped cereal
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cereal, apples, and pepitas in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the brown rice syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla. Cook until the mixture becomes runny (about 2 minutes), stirring with a whisk. Pour over the cereal mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Shape the mixture into 24 balls; it helps to have wet hands or the brown rice syrup may become too sticky. Let the balls set on parchment paper at room temperature for at least 1 and /12 hours before serving.