This pureed soup uses few ingredients but is big on flavor. It’s a great way to add more veggies into your kiddo’s lunch or dinner, and introduces spices in a mild way to suit picky preschool tastebuds.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 and 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and broth. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in the coconut milk.
You can prepare the soup in advance and reheat portions before serving.