These adorable tarts will get things off to a perfect start on Easter morning! Bake the night before and they’re ready to go as soon as you wake up.
- 2 cups rolled oat
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- Fruit or food coloring for garnish
- Combine the oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the agave and canola oil in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until warm. Drizzle over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pat the mixture into 4 egg shapes on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. It will be quite crumbly, but will set as it cooks.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven but leave the pans inside with the door propped open to cool completely. You can even leave them this way overnight!
- In the morning, spread with the yogurt. Decorate with berries to resemble decorated eggs, if desired, or make stripes by swirling through a little natural food coloring.