This salad makes a nice introduction to citrus fruits for toddlers. Veronika hesitantly asked “Apple?” when I spooned some onto her tray. Close but not quite!
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped orange
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, agave, and olive oil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the green beans for about 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the green beans to the bowl with the dressing, along with the remaining ingredients, stirring to coat.