These hand-held treats make a fantastic after-school snack, or can be part of a larger meal packed in a lunchbox. They’re the perfect size for kids’ hands! Try Wholly Wholesome’s pie crusts for a vegan version.
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 chopped mint leaves
- 2 (9-inch) pie crusts, thawed
- To prepare the filling, stir together the mashed potatoes, cumin, salt, black pepper, cilantro and mint leaves in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Roll the pie crusts out on a flat surface and trim slightly to form a rectangle. Cut with a pizza wheel into a tic-tac-toe board, for 9 squares in each crust.
- Spoon the filling evenly into the center of the squares. Fold over into a triangle shape, pinching the edges to seal.
- Transfer to baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes, until lightly brown.