From lemon to dill to asparagus, this rice salad is bursting with the flavors of spring.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Combine the water and rice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, trim the tough ends from the asparagus and cut into bite-sized pieces. Steam for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the asparagus and dill to the rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the rice mixture and stir to combine.