This quinoa dish looks beautiful, thanks to two colors of bell pepper! It’s a great way to introduce quinoa to your kids if they haven’t already tried it.
- 1 and 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then continue to cook for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add the bell peppers and cucumber. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the quinoa mixture. Add the olive oil and vinegar, stirring to combine.