With a leftover jar of sunflower seed butter in the pantry, I threw together these protein-packed cookies.
- 1 and 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Add the sunflower seed butter, canola oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.