Mango adds a fun tropical note to this summery side dish. If your kids are older, you can prepare it raw like a traditional coleslaw. I like to cook the cabbage mixture first, though, so it’s easier for my toddler to chew. For an added nutrition boost, stir in chopped collard greens, too.
- 5 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the coleslaw mix and red onion; cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. If desired, add the mango in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Combine the coleslaw mixture with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Chill until ready to serve.