These sugar-free oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy and a huge hit with the whole family. If you want to add a little variation, try stirring in 1 cup chopped apple or 1 cup chocolate chips in the final step before baking.
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce and baking powder.
- Add the apple juice, maple syrup, and canola oil to the applesauce mixture, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.