Homemade refried beans add a nice touch to these veggie burritos. You can prepare the recipe just before serving, or make in advance and wrap up for a lunchbox.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 slice vegan cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced or mashed avocado
- To prepare the refried beans, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, until very tender.
- Add the pinto beans and water. Remove from heat and mash with a fork or potato masher to desired consistency. Set aside.
- To prepare the burritos, place a slice of cheddar down the middle of each tortilla. Cover each serving with 1/4 cup refried beans (refrigerate any leftover), 1/4 cup rice, 2 tablespoons carrot, and 2 tablespoons avocado. Wrap up tightly and cut in half to serve.