These easy homemade fries have a great crunch from the panko coating!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned panko
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into matchstick pieces. Place in a pot and cover with water, then bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 5 minutes; drain and immediately rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flaxseed, 6 tablespoons water, and garlic powder in a bowl. Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Working with one sweet potato piece at a time, dredge in the panko and transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato pieces.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 14 minutes, turning over halfway through.