Perfect for school bake sales or birthday parties, these easy cupcakes are just the right size for a treat. Toddlers will love to help pipe on the frosting!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 3 oz non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the canola oil, applesauce, and carrot. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- When the cupcakes have cooled completely, whisk together the cream cheese and maple syrup. Spoon the frosting into a zip-top plastic bag and snip a hole in one corner; pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes in swirls or other designs.