By far the densest, chewiest, and thickest vegan brownie recipe I’ve stumbled across, Travis loves these (not to mention the batter before it cooks), and has no idea that many of the ingredients are good for him! Add chopped walnuts if you like, both for crunch and omega-3s.
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup packed pitted prunes
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the dates, prunes, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let stand.
- Meanwhile, combine the oat flour, rice flour, carob powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Transfer the date mixture to a blender, along with the maple syrup, canola oil, and vanilla; process until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into a 9×9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.