This stew recipe cooks quickly, requires little fuss, and is easily adaptable to suit your toddler’s tastes and finicky preferences – hence the recipe title!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package Gardein beefless tips
- 1 peeled and chopped onion
- 1 peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 6 ounces chopped baby carrots
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan and add the beefless tips; cook for about 8 minutes, until warmed and browned; remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in the pan and add the onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, diced tomatoes, water, and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, return the beef to the pan. Remove the rosemary sprigs before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and serve alongside your favorite crusty bread.
Note: For toddlers who don’t like foods mixed together, I drain the excess liquid off and plate this with the beefless tips on one side of a plate and the vegetables on the other.