This make-ahead pasta salad, recipe care of High Five magazine, is chalk-full of veggies like late-summer tomatoes and fresh corn. Bonus points if you make your own pesto with the last of summer’s basil, though I confess we used a jarred version (made with kale leaves instead!)
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan sprinkles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cooked green peas
- 3/4 cup cooked corn
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with the olive oil. Let cool
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pesto, mayo, and lemon juice in a large bowl – definitely a kid-friendly step!
- Add the cooled pasta, then sprinkle with the Parmesan, salt, and black pepper.
- Fold in the tomatoes, peas, and corn, and serve cold.