Walk into any Starbucks and it smells like pumpkin spice lattes these days, so the season of all-things-pumpkin must be upon us. We dove into the fall trend with this pumpkin-flavored waffle batter at home, a perfect opportunity for your little sous-chef to pour, stir, mix, and more.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Ener-G eggs
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup melted Earth Balance butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined. Heat a waffle iron coated with cooking spray according to manufacturer’s instructions, then add 1/2 cup batter per portion and cook for 5 minutes, until set.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup!