By using any brand of frozen vegan meatballs, this dish is a cinch to throw together, even on the busiest nights. If you have a recipe you love, make your meatballs from scratch instead!
- 1 (10-ounce) package meatless meatballs
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces creamy vegan cheese (such as Miyoko’s Creamery)
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Heat the meatballs according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the couscous, then cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumber to the bowl. Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil, then pour over the couscous mixture, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the vegan cheese, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano. Process until smooth.
- To serve, place divide the meatballs evenly among portions of the couscous salad, and drizzle with the sauce. This recipe makes a generous portion of sauce, so use half for tonight and save the remaining half for another use!