This recipe takes avocados from everyday to gourmet for my little avocado lover. The ingredients might sound fancy, but my preschooler gobbles this one up to the last bite! I love using chopped hearts of palm as a vegan alternative in any recipe that calls for crabmeat, which is what I’ve done here.
- 6 tablespoons cooked white rice
- 2 teaspoons vegan mayonnaise
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hearts of palm
- 1 avocado
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the avocado, mixing well.
- Cut an avocado in half and discard the pit. Divide the rice mixture evenly between the two avocado halves, and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.