Quick enough for any busy weeknight, these quesadillas are not only fast but also versatile. Keep the flavors simple for little kids with the ingredient list below; meanwhile, older children and adults can add a sprinkle of cumin or chili powder to the quesadilla filling, and dress their serving up at mealtime with non-dairy sour cream, hot sauce, and salsa.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Daiya pepper jack
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned pinto beans
- 1/2 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1 sliced avocado
- Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet. Layer evenly with the pepper jack, pinto beans, sweet potato, and avocado.
- Top with the remaining 2 tortillas and bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes.
Top as desired, and serve!