This pumpkin bread is redolent with spices – cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Go ahead and add a pinch of cloves, too, if you have them on hand. You’ll want to keep a loaf or two of this decadent quick bread on hand over the holiday season!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 Ener-G eggs
- 3/4 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the olive oil, sugar, pumpkin, Ener-G eggs, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes; a wooden pick inserted in the centers should come out clean. Let cool in the pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely.