I never would have thought to make my own fruit leather at home – those sticky strips always sold near the cash register at the market – until I spotted this recipe in Family Fun magazine. Turns out it’s surprisingly easy, not to mention the recipe will make your home smell deliciously festive as the leather slow-cooks in the oven for 4 full hours.
- 1 (14-ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and pour the fruit mixture onto the pan. Spread into an even layer, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 4 hours. The center should be set by the end; if not, continue to cook up to 5 hours if needed.
- Let cool on the pan, then remove from the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into strips with a pizza cutter, and store in a plastic bag in the fridge up to 2 weeks.