Frozen sweet potato fries are the base in this novel twist on nachos. My preschooler dubbed this the “cheesy dinner,” the perfect alternate name! Note: For older kids, you can add a bit more zip by adding 1 cup store-bought green or red salsa in step 2 below.
- 1 (20-ounce) bag crinkle-cut sweet potato fries
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) drained can corn
- 2 cups shredded Daiya cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F for 24 minutes.
- Top the fries evenly with the black beans, corn, and cheddar (and salsa, if using). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide the nachos evenly among 4 to 6 plates, and top each serving with sliced avocado.