As the name of this recipe suggests, this twist on nachos is just right for starting the day before kids head off to school. Of course, nothing wrong with serving the nachos for dinner, either! Check your tortilla chip bag for the suggested serving size, which will depend on the size of the chips and particular brand. Generally “one serving” makes the right-sized base for the rest of these ingredients. The portion below will serve two little tots, or one hungry big kid (or grown-up!)
- 1 serving tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup scrambled tofu (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon guacamole
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a pile on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Top evenly with the tofu scramble, guac, salsa, and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts.