My preschooler doesn’t like granola stirred into his non-dairy yogurt, so I wanted a sneaky way to get this nutritional powerhouse into his diet. These muffins are the perfect fix; he has no idea the granola is there, but I know he’s eating muffins with an extra dose of hemp and flax and other granola goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Scant 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and granola; set aside.
- Place the lemon juice in a measuring cup and fill with the almond milk to equal 1 and 1/2 cups. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the almond milk mixture in a bowl with the oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let stand in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rick.
Note: For true granola lovers, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a little extra before baking.