Set the slow-cooker going in the early afternoon for this recipe, and it’s ready by dinner time. We love walking in the door to the smell of curry!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Heat a slow-cooker to high and add the onion and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes, chickpeas, curry powder, ground ginger, salt, coconut milk, and broth. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in the quinoa, and cook for 15 minutes. Add the kale and cook for a final 15 minutes – the liquid should be mostly absorbed.