Add sunflower seeds to the kids morning granola to make the perfect sunshine-y batch – just right for the final days of summer! Whip up a batch now and the first few breakfasts during hectic back-to-school will be a cinch.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons melted Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange the oats and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and maple syrup. Drizzle over the oat mixture and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes. Stir and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
We love this stirred into non-dairy yogurt!