This hearty chili has just enough spice to appeal to toddlers and grown-ups both, making it a true family meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (12-ounce) package Lightlife meatless crumbles
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plain non-dairy yogurt (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes
- Add the Lightlife crumbles to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until heated.
- Add the squash, water, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the yogurt, if desired!