This cozy stuffing is baked in individual muffin tins, which make the perfect single-size servings for kids!
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed ciabatta bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Field Roast apple sage sausage
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- Shredded non-dairy cheddar
- To make croutons, arrange the ciabatta bread in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop the sausage and cook in a skillet over medium heat until browned on each side, about 8 minutes. Add to the croutons.
- Steam the carrots and celery until tender; add to the crouton mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed, water, and Ener-G eggs. Pour over the crouton mixture.
- Meanwhile, combine the broth and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook until the butter melts. Pour over the crouton mixture. Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with shredded cheddar to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.