These bake-ahead oatmeal bars will make mornings a cinch, whether you’re dashing to the bus or just making things a little easier on yourself during home school.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 2 cups plain soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a bowl, combine the oats, pecans, baking powder, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Melt the Earth Balance butter in the microwave, then combine in a bowl with the Ener-G eggs, soy milk, and maple syrup. Pour the milk mixture over the oat mixture. Stir in the strawberries.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let cool, and then cut into 9 squares.
- Reheat individual square in the microwave just before serving in the morning.