There are a few twists to this take on tabbouleh: quinoa instead of bulgur wheat, flat leaf parsley instead of curly, and the addition of cannellini beans for a nice protein boost.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Cover and chill for at last 2 hours before serving.