These sweet-but-good-for-you muffins hit the spot for breakfast, snack, dessert, or anywhere in between.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, divided
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- In a bowl, combine the flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce and remaining 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Add the flaxseed, canola oil, brown sugar, and coconut milk to the applesauce mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then stir in the chocolate chips and coconut shreds.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.