This vibrant summer salad combines almost all of Travis’s favorite vegetables. Eating in season is a great way to show kids how vibrant fresh produce can be.
- 3 ears corn
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Shuck the corn and cut the kernels from the cob. Combine the kernels and mushrooms on a baking sheet and toss with the sesame oil. Broil for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, tomatoes, and radishes. Add the corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the vinegar and canola oil. Pour of the salad, tossing to coat.