Since we don’t eat fish, I make sure Travis eats ample amounts of ground flaxseed (perfect in a bowl of hot oatmeal) and chia seed to get his Omega-3s. One of his earliest favorite foods was the Chia Pods I ate daily while nursing. Because store-bought chia pudding can add up quickly at the register, I settled on this homemade version.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Whisk together the almond milk, agave, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the chia seeds, stirring until combined; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 (6-ounce) ramekins, then cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- For older children, sprinkle with the almonds before serving. Berries also make a nice topping!