Fresh croutons and fresh veggies make for a great summer bowlful. I served this salad alongside a dinner of sauteed tofu.
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 5 pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed country-style bread
- Combine the tomatoes bell pepper, cucumber, and olives in a bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, and oregano, tossing to coat. Let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Toast the bread cubes in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add to the salad just before serving if you want them crunchy – although toddlers may prefer them a little soft!