These little confections are so delicious that your little one will never believe the ingredients are good for them too! If you prefer, use a mix of walnuts and cashews instead of all walnuts.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped and pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Place the oats and walnuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, until toasted. Let cool.
- Transfer the oat mixture to a food processor and process for about 2 minutes, until the mixture resembles a nut butter.
- Add the dates, agave, oil, and vanilla, processing until blended.
- Divide the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut. Store, covered, in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 3 days.