Here’s my new go-to oatmeal recipe. Because you prepare it the night before, mornings are a breeze. Use a different non-dairy milk in place of the almond if you prefer.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 cups almond milk
- Mashed banana (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the banana in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and add a little more milk if necessary. Add about 2 tablespoons mashed ripe banana per 1/2 cup serving of oats, if desired.
With or without the bananas, Travis has eaten every spoonful from his bowl every time I serve this.