What is it about a cored apple cut into circles that just makes you feel happy as you eat it? I remember a far-from-gourmet dinner from my childhood called Happle Apple Bagels, (a round sliced apple on a bagel with melted cheese, enough said!) and certainly that was all it took to make us happy for dinner. These Happy Apple Discs are fantastic for an after school snack or a protein boost first thing in the morning.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy cream cheese
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Non-dairy chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- Shredded coconut
- Core the apples and cut each into 8 thin slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and cinnamon until blended.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the apple slices. Serve as is, or add mini chocolate chips and shredded coconut as toppings, if desired!