These inverted muffin bites couldn’t be cuter – or tastier! A few of them make a great breakfast or snack.
- 24 teaspoons Earth Balance butter
- 24 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- Place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in each of 24 mini muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the canola oil, Ener-G eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Thinly slice the banana into 24 slices, and place 1 banana piece over the melted brown sugar in each muffin cup. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake for an additional 12 minutes, until set. Let cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.