This hearty pasta is a crowd-pleaser for grown-ups and kids alike. Weeknight dinners are solved, at least in this house!
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tofurky Italian sausage links, finely chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup plain non-dairy creamer
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the baby spinach; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and creamer. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and the reserved cooking water, tossing to combine.