This complete little meal features hefty quinoa burgers and roasted broccoli on the side. I have a hard time finding vegan burger buns at our local grocery store, but we like to serve these on sandwich rolls (try O’Dough’s sub thins) cut in half so they are closer to the size of the patties.
For the broccoli:
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss the ingredients together on a baking sheet; roast at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes, until browned and crisp at the edges; set aside.
For the burgers:
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 buns or sandwich rolls
- 4 slices vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- While the broccoli roasts, place the beans in a large bowl and mash until nearly smooth.
- Add the quinoa, Ener-G egg, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 10 minutes, turning over halfway through. The burgers are delicate, so use care when flipping!
- To serve, place on buns or rolls. Top with your favorite sliced vegan cheese and spoon about 2 tablespoons marinara sauce over each patty. Serve with the broccoli on the side.