Potatoes have been a hard sell for my three-year-old… until this recipe, that is!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 2 cups florets)
- 1/3 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons shredded Daiya cheddar
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave or oven until very soft. Let cool, then cut in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving 1/4-inch thick shells. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 5 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl with the potato flesh, along with the milk, mayonnaise, butter, and salt.
- Divide the broccoli mixture evenly among the 8 potato halves. Top each half with 1 tablespoon cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.