Serve this easy vegan bolognese with whole wheat pasta or any of the new chickpea or lentil pasta on the market. It’ll pack a big protein punch for little eaters.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 Vidalia onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 12 ounces meatless crumbles (such as Lightlife)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Rotini pasta
- Vegan Parmesan sprinkles
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Dice the onion and celery and add to the pot; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatless crumbles; cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and tomato paste; cook for a final 3 to 4 minutes, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook your favorite rotini pasta according to package directions. Serve the sauce over the pasta, and sprinkle with the Parmesan to taste.
For little ones who are Baby Led Weaning, you can serve piles of the sauce next to pieces of cooked pasta for a more deconstructed version.