This super-simple marinara recipe has just a touch of sweetness. In other words, perfect for babies eating pasta with tomato-based sauce for the first time!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cooked whole wheat pasta shells
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, agave, basil, and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, as the sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked pasta shells of choice! We like the very small cavatelli that are just the right size for little fingers.