Tofu-filled tortillas smothered in the colors of Christmas make the perfect holiday entree! Even better, this one can be made ahead of time and baked just before serving, freeing you up to host or open presents!
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (1 pound) package firm tofu
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded non-dairy cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green onion and cook for 2 minutes. Crumble the tofu into the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup red sauce onto half of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Coat the other half with 1/4 cup green sauce.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, spoon in some of the tofu filling and fold up tightly. Place seam side down over the sauce in the dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spread the remaining red sauce over half of the top and the green sauce on the other half. Christmas colors!
- Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, removing the foil halfway through.
One thought on “Red-and-Green Enchiladas”
Great post 🙂