I used to be scared of feeding carrots to babies and toddlers, but this sweet recipe is the perfect way to introduce this nutritious veggie. Steam the carrots until they are super soft to begin with, then add this decadent sauce.
- 1 pound carrot coins
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Steam the carrots for 10 to 15 minutes, until very tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the agave and lemon juice.
- Add the carrots and cook for a final minute or two to heat thoroughly.
You can serve these warm or chilled, depending on your kids’ preference.