Make this hearty tofu scramble for breakfast or dinner. Either way it’s a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 (1 pound) package firm tofu
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya mozzarella
- Combine the tofu, milk, and turmeric in a bowl and mash with a fork until the mixture looks like scrambled eggs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu mixture and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Stir in the spinach, tomatoes, and cheese, and cook a final few minutes until heated through.
For variation, you can use 1/2 cup mild salsa in place of the fresh tomatoes. You can also substitute collard greens or kale for the spinach.
Note: because of the watery salsa, I omitted the almond milk in this second version, and I think the kids liked it better!