If beets are a new veggie for your kids, familiar oranges and apples help make them not so scary in this recipe. Pre-cooked beets are a life-saver for busy nights!
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-cooked beets
- 1 (11-ounc) drained can mandarin oranges
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Thinly slice the beets and combine in a bowl with the oranges and apple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, orange juice, and lemon juice. Drizzle over the beet mixture, stirring to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.