This flavorful rice can either fill bean burritos or be served alongside them to round out a hearty meal.
For the rice:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
For the burritos:
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can black beans
- 1 (4-ounce) jar carrot puree
- 1 cup cooked and chopped Gardein chick’n strips
- 3/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa for serving
- To prepare the rice, cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup salsa; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans and carrot puree in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through. Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher, then stir in the chick’n and 3/4 cup cheddar.
- To serve, warm whole wheat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon the bean filling and cooked rice into the tortillas to taste, and roll up.
- Add a little extra salsa on top to serve!