I love jumbo stuffed pasta shells, but the effort of making them is wasted on my kids since I just need to cut the pasta into smaller pieces. This recipe relies on small pasta shells instead, for a kid-friendly riff on a grown-up favorite.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olives oil
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package shell pasta
- 1/2 cup minced artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and zucchini; saute for 3 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and cook for 10 minutes, until heated through; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the minced artichokes, tofu, and nutritional yeast; mash with a fork until crumbly.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with the pasta, followed by the tofu mixture, and add the remaining sauce on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.